Monday, October 16, 2017

FEELING LIKE AUTUMN

LEAF STITCHING
INTERMEDIATE 3-D ART
dried or fresh leaves, needle and perle cottons

Gee no!
Not here in the So.Cal.
99 degrees today if you can believe that?
Crazy weather.
So let me show off a little something to cool things down a bit,
these sweet leaf constructions that senior Helen Park created last school year.

Inspired by the work of Susanna Bauer,
Helen picked a few dried leaves I'd collected for her over the last year and went to town.

Funny, 
she made the most difficult one first
 after she saw the little box my son bought me for Xmas from U.K. mixed media artist
She enjoyed the tedious process so much that she made several more.
The grouping above was bought by English teacher Donna Hall to be displayed in her classroom,
a great honor.
One of these days I need to photograph Donna's classroom.
Every year she spends a couple hundred dollars at Open House and fills her walls with student art.
The effect is incredible!
I would say she has close to 250 pieces carefully arranged.
I had Helen frame out her leaves in small box top lids for Open House display.
So delicate and lovely!
I admire your workmanship and stick-to-activeness Helen.
This was a very difficult assignment.

4 comments:

  1. The mix/matching of leaves brings out the best in both ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I love that she thought to do that!

      Delete
  2. I love these. Stitching on such a fragile item can be very unforgiving. What a beautiful accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorraine for totally getting the difficultly of this assignment and taking the time to express it!

      Delete