Thursday, February 15, 2018

TO GLOVE OR NOT TO GLOVE

SHIBORI
7TH GRADE ART WHEEL - 4TH QUARTER - 2016-2017
cotton squares, gloves, indigo vat & various items to clamp & resist with

To put gloves on or not to and risk their parent's wrath,
that is the big question these kids face before they dip their cotton bundles into the Shibori bucket.
Youngster Annie Nguyen did not want to risk it
so on the glove went,
but good old 8th grader James Lara went for it
knowing his parents would hopefully be cool with it.
And they were.
He even added a bit of decor with a marker.
They crack me up!


Here are a couple of the 7th graders results from 4th Quarter.
We begin with Hannah Narcelles.
I choose hers because of the upward diagonal movement she was able achieve.
Feels so much like a turbulent sky right before the sun comes out.

With Serah Park's I felt like we were looking thru a microscope at the splitting of cells.

And I can see partial faces in Jennifer Corrales' square.  
Almost like looking at a sonogram of a fetus.

Very cool work young ones!

1 comment:

  1. I do love indigo ... truly magical stuff and your students took full advantage of it. As for gloves, I'm a total priss, but I envy those who go boldly into the vat ... so good for you, James!

    ReplyDelete